Perhaps you have already guessed that I like to read. Yes, I love to read and love to share my impressions of the books. You can find my profile on Goodreads.
But now let me tell you some words about books that I read in 2015.
BOOK LIST 2015
- My 2015 year in books began with continuing (the first two books enlisted to 2014 =) the exciting series of books about the young wizard Harry Potter and his adventures written by Joan Rowling, namely the 3rd book — “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban”.
- Then next on the list: Joan Rowling “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”.
- Joan Rowling “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix”.
- Joan Rowling “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince”.
- Joan Rowling “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows”.
When you read these books, the magic world opens before you, it astonishes and inspires. These book are not only the “children’s tales,” as many people think, this is a collection recommended for reading for both children and adults. These are the books that help you find faith on yourself and fill your heart with good.
- Romantic and a little sad story by Cecilia Ahern — «PS. I love you”– about the eternal love and how to be happy even after the tragic moments of our lives.
- “The Great Gatsby” by Scott Fitzgerald — a great book for fans of “jazz age” and crazy parties lovers.
- Once again, Scott Fitzgerald and his story of the “golden youth” and their outlook in the book “This Side of Paradise”.
- Probably one of the most famous fairy tales — “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland” by Lewis Carroll — the story of Alice and her curious wanderings to fantastic world full of wonders and funny creatures.
- “The Silmarillion” by R.R. Tolkien — a book, which starts the whole Tolkien’s fantastic world. If you are a fan of “The Lord of the Rings” and like fantasy, you should start with this book to understand how all that fantastic big world of many nations was created, and how good struggles against evil.
- “The Hobbit” by R.R. Tolkien — a story about the adventures of one of the most famous Hobbit, Bilbo Baggins, which swapped the comfort and cozy home for unexpected and a little crazy adventures.
- The first part of the famous trilogy of “my precious” — “The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring” by R.R. Tolkien.
- “Dandelion Wine” by Ray Bradbury — a story about the especial summer in the life of the brothers Douglas and Tom Spaulding. These young guys know the secret of how to raise one’s spirits and feel yourself “alive”.
- “The Martian” — a fascinating story by Andy Weir about an astronaut who got alone on Mars.
- “London Mon Amour” by Mark Levy — about friendship and love, reciprocity and understanding.
- “Flowers for Algernon” by Daniel Keyes — this is a fascinating life story of Charlie Gordon — a mentally retarded man who just wants to be smart and have friends.
- A little bit of passion and romance in style of “50 Shades of Grey” — “The Ninety Days of Genevieve” by Lucinda Carrington.
- The struggle of man against the system depicted in the book “One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest” by Ken Kesey. Despite the fact that the events take place at the psychiatric hospital, the plot is very interesting and instructive.
- “A Study in Scarlet” by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle — the first author’s work, in which he introduces us the famous detective Sherlock Holmes and his crony Dr. Watson.
- Do you love to look at the stars? Do you know that on some of those stars the one little good boy lives? The story about him is in the book “The Little Prince” by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.